Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Climb



“It is good to have an end to journey towards: but it is the journey that matters, in the end”
Ursula K. Le Guin, American author.

The other day, I was listening to the radio and heard a song that just grabbed me. The words were so inspiring and spoke volumes. I didn’t recognize the singer and waited for the DJ to come on and tell me who this artist was who had inspired me. No luck. Just commercials after the song! Bummer. I eventually heard the song again and learned that it was Miley Cyrus singing. Well, I am no Miley Cyrus fan, but I really love that song.

“There’s always gonna be another mountain,
I’m always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I’m gonna have to lose

Ain’t about how fast I get there
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s The Climb”

As we are rushing through our crazy, busy days. . . . . . day in and day out. . . . . . . . . just trying to get through the day filled with. . . .
the meetings that bore you to tears. . . . . .
the dirty dishes and the laundry. . . . .. .
errands, picking up the dry cleaning and going to the bank. . . .
traveling to meetings far away from your family day after day after day. . . . .
commuting on the bus or the train or in the traffic that drives you to road rage. . .
picking up the kids’ toys for umpteenth time. . . . .

. . . . . . . . whatever it is that you have to get through in your day so you can go to sleep and then get up and do it all over again.
STOP

Think

This IS your life.

Enjoy this journey that you’re on. .

1 comment: